The Dawn Of QST Rebars In India
Suryadev’s steel plant was set up in 2007 under Technical Collaboration with Hennigsdorfer Stahl Engineering GmbH Germany.
The green field integrated steel plant, the first of its kind in India, is located in New Gummidipoondi, Gummidipoondi Taluk, near Chennai. Within a relatively short time, company has developed a successful business model with Quality, Reliability and Integrity as its watchword and has emerged a leading primary manufacturer, spearheading a new revolution in steel bars.
- Ministry of Steel, Government of India has selected our factory as Modal unit among the reinforcement steel rebars manufacturing units.
- SURYADEV QST (Quenching and Self Tempering) rebars are manufactured in Technical Collaboration with Hennigsdorfer Stahl Engineering GmbH Germany, who has supplied their THERMEX cooling Technology in over 100 steel plants allover world.
- SURYADEV QST rebars are manufactured only from IS 2830 : 1992 grade billets which are manufactured from our own furnaces with a capacity of 700 MT/day, in Technical Collaboration with Electrotherm.
- The unique feature of the furnace is that we can control all chemical properties i.e., Carbon, Sulphur and Phosphorus and every billet will be thoroughly checked with spectro meter before it reaches the reheating furnace.
- Fully automated computer controlled system – PLC system from ABB ensures consistency in Quality.
- First in Tamilnadu with straight and continuous mill with world class cooling bed, one of the largest in India and equipped with electro magnetic arrays. It is the process which gives SURYADEV QST unmatched quality.
- ISO & BIS certified brand for Fe-415, Fe-500, Fe-550 grades and corrosion resistant steel (HSCRS / HSCRM).
- A wide range of sizes ranging from 8 mm to 32 mm of any length upto 30 mts.
- Approved by various State and Central Government organizations like NHAI, CHENNAI PORT TRUST, MILITARY ENGINEERING SERVICES, PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT(TAMILNADU), TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD, NUCLEAR POWER CORPORATION, AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA.