Suryadev Alloys and Power Pvt. Ltd. caters to the power requirement of HT Industrial and Commercial consumers within Tamil Nadu under the short term / long term intra-state Open access through Group Captive Power Plant model and also some capacity through third party sale.
The idea to construct the Captive Power Plants at Gummidipoondi, Tamil Nadu which is located 40 kms from Chennai, was necessitated by Suryadev's huge internal consumption of its steel plant and the continuous production being affected by shortage of power.
Suryadev Alloys and Power Pvt. Ltd. firmly believes that it will be able to provide Power Solutions structured to benefit the HT Consumers in Tamil Nadu to a great extent.
Suryadev's vision is to offer power at competitive tariff along with a commitment to maintain highest technical standard as well as providing utmost importance to the upkeep of Environment and to care for the Health and Safety of its employees and the general public.
Being a large consumer of electricity Suryadev understands the hardship faced by the HT consumers and will offer reliable and continuous power at tariffs which will be very attractive, discounted and competitive.
The company's goal is to never compromise on its promise and to deliver power as committed and to develop a long standing relationship with its stake holders.
Advantages of Power shared through CPP
- Annual wheeling agreement and Power Purchase Agreements lock the tariff for an entire year and offers price reliability and stability
- Protection from seasonal variation in supply and demand and related uncertainties
- Monthly procedural hassles such as NOG, Documentation and Approvals from State Electricity Board which is associated with 3rd party sale can be avoided
- Cross subsidy charges are exempted for Captive Consumption
- Consumers will have to pay 10 paise generation tax versus 5% E Tax charged for 3rd party sale
- Option of cross allotments/adjustments with unused units from higher slots to lower slots is possible
- All other benefits associated with 3rd Party power sale such as utilization of 100% demand quota and 100% utilization of peak power (subject to availability of grid power/ dedicated feeder), deemed demand benefit are part of the scheme which makes the package very attractive for the Captive Consumers